- I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- II. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- III. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- IV. INFORMATION SECURITY
- V. DATA RETENTION
- VI. CONSENT
- VII. HOW WE WILL CONTACT YOU
- VIII. YOUR CHOICES
- IX. ACCESSING, CORRECTING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
- X. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
- XII. CONTACT US
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect the following types of information, which are described in more detail below: (A) information you provide to us, (B) information we automatically collect, and (C) information we receive from third parties. All of the information listed in (A)-(C) above, is detailed below, and hereinafter referred to as “Information.”
A. Information You Provide to Us:
In using our Services, you may provide us with Information, including, without limitation:
- Contact information such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number(s);
- Communications and opinions in online forms you share with us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
B. Information We May Automatically Collect About You
Our Services may automatically collect certain Information about you. We use this Information to help us design our Services to better suit our users’ needs. This Information may include:
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Services;
- Domain server from which you are using our Services;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Mobile device information, including the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”);
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our website or use of our Services;
- Your movement and activity within the Services, which is aggregated with other information; and
- Geographic data such as country or region.
C. Information We May Receive from Third Parties
We may collect additional Information about you from third-party websites and social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter; donation and fundraising platforms; and/or sources providing publicly available information (e.g., from the U.S. postal service) to help us provide services to you, help prevent fraud, and for marketing and advertising purposes. We may receive information about you (name, email, address) from third parties requesting services on your behalf.
D. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Web Beacons. Website pages may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity). We also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the Services. These technical methods may involve the transmission of Information either directly to us or to a third party authorized by us to collect Information on our behalf. Our Services may use retargeting pixels from Google, Facebook, Google Tag Manager, LinkedIn and other ad networks. We may also use web beacons in HTML emails that we send to determine whether the recipients have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails.
- Mobile Application Technologies. If you access our Services through a mobile device, we may automatically collect information about your device, your phone number, and your physical location.
II. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
A. Use and Purpose of Processing Your Information
We use and process your Information above for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To provide you with the Services, promotions, and information you request;
- To facilitate donations and communication between volunteers and clients;
- To provide you with our newsletter when you subscribe to it;
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and other communications, including by email;
- For general or targeted marketing and advertising purposes, including sending you promotional material on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications;
- To manage, improve, and foster relationships with third-party service providers, including vendors, suppliers, and business partners;
- To maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, resolve technical problems, or improve security or develop other products and services;
- To comply with our Terms & Conditions;
- For analytics for business purposes and business intelligence;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information and/or pursuant to your consent.
B. Sharing Your Information
- Disclosure of Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information without notice: (i) when required to by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process; (ii) to cooperate or undertake an internal or external investigation or audit; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory, or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us, and any of our officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the website Service users; (v) to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions; and (vi) to verify the identity of the user of our Services.
- Business Transfers. Your Information may be transferred, sold, or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyances”) to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another non-profit entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt; or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You agree to any and all such Conveyances of your Information.
- Online Communications. If you chose to share with us comments, participate in a survey, provide a testimonial, or other Information you consent and agree that we may make it available generally to the public and it will not be returned to you unless we receive such a request in writing from you and determine, in our sole discretion, to honor such request.
- Aggregate and Deidentified Data. We may share general and aggregated Information or publish information based on aggregated data. However, we will only do so in a way that your personal identity is protected.
IV. INFORMATION SECURITY
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to provide our Services. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused by third parties. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features. You agree that we will not have any liability for misuse, access, acquisition, deletion, or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, you shall promptly Contact Us so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
V. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your Information for as long as needed to provide you Services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
VII. HOW WE WILL CONTACT YOU
You agree that we, and/or our third-party service providers with whom we collaborate and contract, may communicate with you via electronic messages, including email for example, send you information relating to our services that we think may be of interest to you, communicate with you about upcoming events, and other news about services offered by us.
VIII. YOUR CHOICES
By using our Services, you agree that we may contact you by email as set forth herein. If you do not want to receive marketing and promotional emails from us, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email to unsubscribe and opt-out of marketing email communications or Contact Us.
B. Location Choices
You may be able to change the privacy settings of your mobile device at any time to turn off the sharing of this location information with our Services. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. If you have specific questions about the privacy settings of your device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your device or your mobile service provider for help.
C. Opting Out of Direct Marketing
To exercise choices regarding the marketing information you receive, you may also review the following links:
- You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at aboutads.info/appchoices.
- You may opt-out of receiving permissible targeted advertisements by using the NAI Opt-out tool available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 or visiting About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info.
- You can opt-out of having your activity on our Services made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your web browser by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser.
IX. ACCESSING, CORRECTING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
To the extent state laws provide users with certain data subject rights, those rights may be honored by the Company following proper authentication and verification. Please Contact Us for more information.
X. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Services are intended only for users over the age of eighteen (18). If we become aware that a user is under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable) and has provided us with Information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such Information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13).
XII. CONTACT US
Monroe County Meals on Wheels, Inc.
901 Polk Valley Road
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
Call us at:
Last Updated on August 31, 2022